March 20, 2011

Baseball+Garlic Fries= Most Awkward First Meeting Ever



Nathan and I began dating May 28, 2010. Despite the number of awesome dates he took me on, none of them were documented sadly. But I just want to say since my word is the only proof, that Nathan did take me on many cute, sweet, and romantic dates during our first weeks of dating.

Mariner Games are always a fun time, watching the game, stuffing your face with junk food, and awesome people watching. I figured hey what better way for Nathan to meet the family than by a relaxing yet fun baseball game. Everything seemed to be going ok, I don't even remember if the Mariners won or lost because we were just enjoying Safeco and all its glories. This was the first time that my dad and Nate had met and I was a little nervous because my dad can seem very intimidating.

After a few awkward conversations Nathan and I have a conversation about the garlic fries at Safeco and how much they WREAK!! I'm sorry to anyone who actually eats the things but they really do smell horrible. So after discussing our mutual disgust with the garlic fries that my dad happened to me consuming right next to me, Nathan and I start to make loud comments to my dad about the smell, all out of jest of course. And how does my dad reply? In his own jest he asks Nathan if he would like to finish his fries and dumps the remainder of his all over Nathan's lap!! A prank that if anyone knew my dad should have been expected, but I had forgot to warn Nathan!

So suffice it to say, Nathan was bewildered and confused, and my dad was his quiet awkward self. So...pretty awkward first meeting but who knew they would have made such good friends!? Ok not quite good friends, but they are on their way!


1 comment:

  1. Sorry Nathan, if I had been there I would have totally helped you get back at him... just let me know when and where!
    ~Sue

    ReplyDelete