March 21, 2011

The Shire



During the summer days when we were too lazy to actually do anything outside but we still wanted to enjoy the weather Nathan and I would grab some snacks, crank up the stereo, and go for a drive. This particular day we drove around Gig Harbor, not the town/city part that everyone sees, but the beautiful country part. Nathan has lived in the Port Orchard area all his life and knows how to get around everywhere, I have never seen him get lost. So he showed me around the farms and country of Gig Harbor which I have to say was beautiful!! We drove by lakes, the ocean, farms, and some huge fancy houses! The rich green and the rural farm land we saw on our drive reminded me slightly of The Shire from the Lord of the Rings movies (a place I always wish I could visit somehow, Hobbits and all). After driving around all this beauty I told Nathan I wanted to move there someday so we could have a beautiful house out in the green country and have some land of our own to make into a beautiful mini farm. It was decided. Whenever we refer to "our future house" it is always referred to as "The Shire".

No comments:

Post a Comment