March 21, 2011

The Poulsbo Waterfront



The Poulsbo waterfront has many cute little shops, obviously a water fountain (that Nathan had no trouble getting up close and personal with), and some pretty good places to eat. We unfortunately haven't gone to Jesse's restaraunt yet but we did eat at a cute place with a big deck, little tables with umbrella's, good food, and a killer view of the whole bay.

This is where I was introduced to Nathan's love for calamari, I would soon learn that anytime he wanted to order an appetizer I should just expect it to be calamari. When Nathan first learned of my picky eating habits he decided to try and educate me and we proceeded to make a deal that I had to at least try one bite of anything he wanted me to try, and if I didn't like it I would just have to tell him what I didn't like about it and he wouldn't push it on me any further, pretty fair deal I thought.



However when making this deal I had no idea it would be including...calamari...octopus...eww. Octopus' belonged in The Little Mermaid, The Wiggles, and Finding Nemo, not on a dinner plate, but a deal was a deal.

The plate arrived to show me little curly looking breaded things with two different cups of sauce to dip in. I tenatively took a piece of the strange substance and placed it into my mouth thinking *not octopus, not octopus, chicken, chicken* and...???? It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and after dipping it in the sauce, I actually kind of liked it! Ashley Frandsen not only tried...but LIKED CALAMARI!! I know...the end of the world is coming as we know it...but hey, if I get to spend it with this guy? I don't think I'll mind as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment